image via wikimedia
Read Coach Moore’s book “On Character and Mental Toughness”. Paperback available at Barnes & Noble or Amazon. You can get the e-book version for just $2.99 on Kindle or itunes. You can also get the e-book for your smartphone using the free Kindle App!
1. Excuses are easy to find, people who don’t make them or take them are rare. They have a name for these people who do not make or take excuses…..winner.
2. The more character you have, the harder it becomes to find an excuse, much less make one.
3. Justifications are nothing more than excuses dressed up with plausibility. Those with character will not be distracted into distinguishing the difference.
4. More than anyone else, excuses impede the intended excused.
5. You can take an excuse from someone as easily as you can make one up on your own. People will be more than happy to offer one up to help keep you down.
6. You can make yourself a lot of money with justification, but you can not make yourself a better person.
7. Recognizing the difference between a reason a person gives and an excuse they are making is best determined by identifying who benefits.
8. The fundamental component of mental toughness is in developing a mindset where you will not make nor accept an excuse for your lack of success.
9. The most difficult excuse in the world to resist is when a person justifies giving you something at someone’s expense.
10. The enemies of character are apathy, ignorance, and narcissism. They are at the root of nearly every excuse.
I just want you to know what is possible.
Follow Coach Moore on twitter (@coachbillmoore) on Facebook (William James Moore). Read Coach Moore’s book “On Character and Mental Toughness” Paperback available at Barnes & Noble or Amazon. You can get the e-book version for just $2.99 on Kindle or itunes. You can also get the e-book for your smartphone using the free Kindle App!
“The measure of your character and mental toughness is the space between what you are doing and what you could be doing.” -Coach Bill Moore